Friday, July 17, 2009

Meet Me in St. Louis, Part II

Note: This was written and posted on July 16, I swear. It was just posted on August Prairie, instead of the proper blog. Mea culpa.

Hey Howdy Hey, y'all, we're back to the hotel room in Collinsville, finished with our day in St. Louis. The weather was warm, but not overly oppressive, and it didn't rain on us at the zoo. In addition to the zoo we drove around downtown St. Louis and ate supper at a Dewey's pizza. All in all it was a good day.

If you have never visited, I recommend going to the St. Louis zoo. Its a wonderful zoo in the middle of the city's Forest Park. It's free (although the parking is $11.00), and there is a wide variety of animals to see. The newest addition to the zoo is a pool full of stingrays, which you can pet. Although the stingrays are not free, it is a neat thing to do, especially if you have small kids.

Also, I would have to recommend the pizza at Dewey's. Although it shares a name with the dump that has long since vanished from Champaign, it is nothing like that place. Although it might be considered pizza heresy in the St. Louis area, I like it much better than Imos. I am willing to give Imos another shot some time, however, just not on this trip.

Since my sister is moving from St. Louis in a couple of weeks, I'm not sure when I'll be back. However, I've seen enough of the city that I doubt it will be all that long.

No comments:

THE NATIONAL PARKS: My Parks